Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!! I hope everyone enjoyed the day with their loved ones by their side. Tonight my sister and I cooked dinner for our lovely mama :). We made the chopped salad that I previously posted about (big hit around here!) and this wonderful three cheese vegetable lasagna. Here’s some pictures and the recipe!
1(16 oz) package lasagna noodles
1 carton pack of fresh sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 cup chopped squash
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (26 oz) jars of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 (15 ounce) container part-skin ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Boil the package of lasagna noodles for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms , green peppers, zucchini, squash, onion and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix together ricotta, mozzarella cheese and eggs.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into a bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 inch lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layering process and top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese!
5. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.
..and let me just tell you that this dish was such cheesy delicious-ness. It hasn’t even been 2 hours and I’m thinking of grabbing me some leftovers 🙂