Ready for a super delicious baked mac & cheese recipe? One oozing with warm cheddar cheese and creaminess? Well ready or not..here it is. I made this dish for my family tonight and took some pictures to share with you. I added bits of smoked sausage to give it something a little extra. But If you don’t like that sort of thing- you can just leave that out 🙂
1 box of Macaroni noodles
1 Block of sharp cheddar cheese
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of non-fat milk
1 package of Hillshire farms smoked Sausage (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil your macaroni noodles for about 15 minutes.
3. Cut your sausage into small pieces and saute them in a pan with some olive oil.
4. Once your noodles are cooked and your sausage is lightly sauteed, mix the two together in a mixing bowl. Add your milk and a few sprinkles of flour slowly until it thickens a bit.
5. In a glass dish, pour your noodles/sausage mixture in the bottom to create a flat first layer. Cut your cheese into rectangular slices and place those on top of the macaroni layer.
6. Put the rest of your macaroni and sausage into the glass dish with the rest of your cheddar cheese slices and some shredded cheese on top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
*To get that crispy top layer I suggest broiling it for about 5 minutes, Hope you all enjoy this!
P.S– One month ago is when I did my very first blog post! I’m loving blogging so much! Thanks so much to all of you who are reading it. Xoxo, happy cooking!
This looks great! Im making this tomorrow
LOVE JOICE says
Hi, thanks for following me and I’m your new follower! ^_^
Cortnie Elizabeth says
So weird! I was just talking to my mom literally maybe 4 hours ago about experimenting with different ways of making mac n cheese. This looks delicious!
Steffys Pros and Cons says
holy cow this looks sooo tasty!!!
Steffys Pros and Cons
Michelle Lee says
looks amazing 🙂
your newest follower, Michelle
This looks sooooo delicious!!! and who can turns down mac&cheese right? love it thx for sharing.
That looks sooo yummy!!
This looks so good ;).
Dude! who doesn’t like smoked sausage?! This looks delicious! My husband and I love all foods childish, so you can bet we will be trying this out! Thanks for sharing, and stopping by my blog!
-Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com
this looks AMAZING!!! oh my god, i cannot wait to try and make this. xxx