Hi friends! For today’s post I wanted to share 5 new things I’m trying out right now. I love sharing lifestyle things with you all in addition to my outfits! I’m also styling one of my favorite looks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The sale ends soon! I plan to do some last minute shopping in the next couple days. I don’t want to miss out! Do you have your eye on anything from the sale? Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to read about the five things! xx
1. I joined a yoga studio! – When it comes to exercising.. well I don’t do it (lol.) but I think it’s because I haven’t found an exercise that I truly enjoy. I play tennis on the weekends with my husband and I love that. I think I prefer to do a sport rather than like run around the neighborhood. But one thing I do enjoy is yoga! I was reading about how good hot yoga is and found a yoga studio nearby. I just got a membership for two months and went to my first class yesterday. I LOVED it! I felt like it was the perfect balance of relaxation and exercise. I’m sore today but in a good way!
2. A new hairstyle– I recently took out my tape in hair extensions and have been enjoying my shorter hair for the summer time. It’s been fun experimenting with new hairstyles like the one I’m wearing in this post! I think I need to work on perfecting it a bit though. It looks a little cray, haha. Any tips?!
3. Green Smoothie for breakfast every morning– Last month I listened to an audio book called “Body Love” by Kelly LeVeque and she swears by a “fab four smoothie” every single morning. Well I’ve been doing this for the last couple weeks and definitely think it keeps me full longer and helps curb sugar cravings! She has so many different recipes in her book. You can switch up the ingredients in the smoothies so you don’t get bored (that helps a lot!)
4. Social media free weekends (relatively)– You may of noticed that on the weekends I don’t post much (hardly ever any stories) maybe a photo or two on IG. I’ve been trying to make a conscious effort to get off social media on the weekends. I’m on it all day everyday so it’s been refreshing. It’s hard, not gonna lie! The last couple weekends we’ve worked on our backyard (full post coming soon!) and even went to the movies. It’s been a game changer!
5. Blue light blocking glasses– Speaking of being on my phone all the time.. I just got these blue light blocking glasses off Amazon. I’ve heard so much about the blue light from our phones causing all kinds of problems (especially how it interferes with sleep.) So around 9:00 every night I’ve been putting them on to watch tv/be on my phone. I’m not 100% sure about them yet but I just started wearing them last week. We’ll see how it goes!