I’ve recently been trying to tweak my bed time routine (i.e. put away my iPhone and stop the endless scroll on Instagram) and have been seeing such a benefit in the way I’ve been sleeping and it has also reduced my anxiety (I shared about my struggle with anxiety here).
With the type of job that I have, I am constantly on electronics. I switch between my computer and iPhone all day long. So It can really be hard to disconnect at the end of the day! I know that I’m probably not the only one that struggles with this, so I wanted to share the 5 things you can do to get a better night sleep!
1. Wear Cozy Pajamas– I look forward to putting on my pajamas every single night! If you don’t have some you absolutely love and are the most comfortable ever, then definitely treat yourself to a nice set. I LOVE these! They’re so soft and feel super luxurious.
2. Drink Relaxing Tea – My husband and I have started drinking a sleepy time tea before bed most nights. Our favorites are Allegro Peaceful Slumber and Traditional Medicinals Chamomile with Lavender. They’re so good! I look forward to it & find it helps relax me right before bed.
3. Incorporate Essential Oils – I’ve been reallly into essential oils lately. Every night before bed I set up my diffuser with a relaxing blend. My favorite blend right now is Ylang Ylang, Wild Orange, Lavender and Cedarwood (2 drops each).
I also put “Serenity” on the bottom of my feet and I swear it works amazing!!! I sleep so deep now that I put it on every night! I know it sounds crazy but you gotta try it.
3. Put Away The iPhone and Pick Up A Book – The blue light from your phone suppresses the production of melatonin more than any other type of light, making it very difficult for you to fall asleep.
So I’ve been making a conscious decision to put away my phone at least 30 min before bed. I’ve been grabbing a book and reading at least a few pages each night. I’ve found that I do fall asleep much faster!
5. 20 Min Bed Time Yoga – One of my favorite ways to wind down is to do a quick bed time yoga sesh. I love Yoga With Adrian and she has the best 20 min yoga video for bed time. It’s mainly light stretching, and super relaxing. You can do it sitting up in your bed which I love to do. It makes me soo sleepy!
I hope these 5 tweaks to your bed time routine will help you get a better night sleep and get rid of any anxiety you may have! If you try any of these tips, let me know what you think! xo
PAJAMA SET, TUFTED BED FRAME AND HEADBOARD, BED SHEETS, PIN-TUCK BEDDING (SIMILAR), MIRRORED NIGHTSTANDS, LEOPARD PRINT THROW, PINK VELVET PILLOW COVERS, WHITE POM TRIM PILLOW COVERS, EYELASHES MUG, BOOK, POM POM SLIPPERS, SILK EYE MASK