Happy Monday! It feels so good to be back with a new outfit post today! Last week I spent some time getting my life in order for the new year (who else can relate?) so I didn’t post much on here. I felt like I had so much planning and organizing to do before I could dive in. If you’re looking for some motivation too, I thought I’d share 5 things that help me start the year off on the right foot!
1. DECLUTTER: It feels so good to get rid of things you no longer need. Clean out a room in your house you’ve been meaning to get around to or go through your closet and donate clothes you don’t wear. It’s so refreshing and will work wonders for your mood. If you haven’t read the book “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing“, I highly recommend that you pick it up! It’s truly life changing!
2. GET ORGANIZED: Now is the perfect time to set up new organizational systems at home or work! Make sure your work space is clean and inviting- this always inspires me! Another thing I love to do is set up my planner for the year. I spend a couple hours doing this. I mark down any important dates/goals/ideas.. etc.
3. RE-EVALUATE: Take a look back at what worked and what didn’t work well for you last year. This can be work related, or in your personal life. Make changes to or remove anything that isn’t worth your time and doesn’t fulfill you.
4. PLAN IT OUT: If you don’t already have a planner for 2018, I definitely recommend picking one up! If you’re not someone who will use a physical paper planner, then use your phone. I have a planner for day to day stuff and use the notes section on my phone for lists and other important info.
5. SET GOALS: It’s important to set goals – both short term and long term goals. Write these down in a place you will see often. Whether it’s on a post it note in your office or in your planner with a set date you want to achieve your specific goal by. This way you are more likely to accomplish your goals!
I hope you enjoyed these 5 tips for the new year! What are some tips you guys have? I’d love to hear them! xo
BELL SLEEVE TURTLENECK, SUEDE MOTO JACKET, RIPPED SKINNY JEANS (ALSO LOVE THESE!), LARGE SHOULDER BAG, SIMILAR BEIGE BOOTIES, GOLD HOOP EARRINGS, “SLOW BURN” LIPSTICK, RING SET