I feel like it’s that awkward time of the year where you don’t know what season you should shop for. Does anyone else feel the same?? Summer is almost over so fall fashion is on the mind but it’s still so hot out that you can’t wear any of it yet (not here anyway!) So I wanted to share a few tips for transitioning into fall while still keeping cool in this summer heat.
1. WEAR DARKER COLORS– Start incorporating some darker colors into your wardrobe. Think the colors of the fall leaves- burnt orange, olive green, burgundy, dark brown…etc.
2. ANKLE BOOTIES– Ankle booties are great because you can wear them with so much! I live in them in the fall because it doesn’t get cool enough here for over the knee boots. Right now I’m loving peep toe booties or booties with a side slit.
3. DARK NAILS– Switch out your bright summer mani with a darker hue. I love oxblood, navy or even black mani’s in the fall. I’ve decided I’m going dark at my next nail appointment!
4. LAYERS– Start adding layers to your outfit. I love wearing tank tops with light-weight cardigans around this time. You could also do a sleeveless vest too! It’s easy to take off if its too hot & perfect for staying cozy inside.
5. DARK DENIM– Switch out your light denim for dark! I love a good pair of white denim year around but start wearing some of the darker pairs of denim you avoided in the summer time. I also love grey denim – it’s so different and not as hot to wear as black denim is!
Just writing this post has made me so excited for the fall season ahead! I’m looking forward to all things pumpkin spice and of course Thanksgiving dinner (yum!) What are you most excited for? xo!